Wild Workout Wednesday: Sandbag Ladder Workout
Welcome to back to our Wild Workout Wednesday link up! Each week I link up with Angelena Marie from Angelena Marie: Happy, Healthy & Balanced , Upala at Pretty in Pink Fitness, and Amber at Bold Fit Mom to bring you workout ideas, motivation, inspiration and recipes to try. Join us for a wild workout each week by reading along or grab the button and link up if you have a fitness or healthy living post to share!
As most of you know, I spent the this past weekend attending a DVRT (Dynamic Variable Resistance Training) Certification in NYC. I have a lot to say about my experience and all that I learned. There was so much material covered, TONS of hands on training (yes, I am very sore) and maybe even some tears….but those stories are for next week’s post.
Sorry to leave you with a cliff hanger, but I need some more time to process everything and really spend some quality time reflecting on my experience before I am ready to share it.
What I will share is a quick Sandbag Ladder workout. Part of completing the certification involves creating a ladder workout so I figured might as well kill two birds with one stone and make a workout to share for today!
In case you aren’t familiar, a ladder workout is either ascending or descending series of repetitions which make it capable to manage fatigue more efficiently, resulting in a higher quality of work. Makes sense, right? In exercise, quality always trumps quantity.
**Disclaimer**I am not a certified instructor, yet.
Also, rotational lunge reps should be done per side.
It is important to remember that you choose a weight that you know you can keep proper form for these repetitions. Try to do this workout for time (while keeping proper form, of course), then when you do it again you can measure your improvements!
If you do happen to have a sandbag and want to give this workout a go but have no idea how to do the exercises, here are video demos of both instructed by creator, Josh Henkin. I got to meet him this weekend at my cert, I may or may not have had a fangirl moment…okay, more like just absolute disbelief that I was being trained by someone who I look up to and admire so much. It was a pretty cool experience.
That workout is just a quick glimpse into my weekend and what I learned. Like I said, I have so much more to say about it all but I will save it for next week!
Moving on, another fun thing that I participated in was Bendiful Blog’s Fabulous Fit Gear Swap!
Here is how it works:
- Each month you can sign up for the gear swap. You will be matched with another swapper. You will purchase $20 worth of gear that you think your swapper would like. (if they are into YOGA DO NOT buy them Crossfit gear, please) It’s a great way to share your favorite items with people who are also interested in great gear.
- You MUST sign up through the form by the 5th of the month, and agree to ship your gear out by the 15th of the month.
- You will email your match and get an idea of their workout gear likes and dislikes, ask for sizing if you plan to look for apparel, no one wants gear that doesn’t fit.
- The Best part YOU will also receive a package each month from your match!
- Get great gear and meet some new friends throughout the month.
- CURRENTLY ONLY open to people in the United States.
- On the last day of the month, you can share (Blog, tweet, facebook, instagram) your new fit gear with the hashtag #fabulousfitgear
- I will host a blog link up here at Bendifulblog.com for all the blog posts!
I signed up for February and was partnered with Kim from Barking Mad About Running! I already follow her so it was fun to get to know her a little bit better and see what her #fabulousfitgear tastes were like!
Not too long after chatting with her by email about our likes and dislikes, I received this awesome package in the mail:
Even though I knew I would be exchanging, it was still a surprise because I had no idea what she would send. I was excited to find an Under Armor hat, Pilates DVD for runners (seriously, I needed this more than she realized), running tats & magnets plus a bunch of fuel, protein and hydration to test out! Woohoo!!! Thanks so much, Kim! You’re awesome
February also ended on a pretty positive running note too. Even though my training schedule had me finishing off the month with 12 miles on Saturday, I had to move it ahead a day to Friday so I could fit it in before my NYC trip.
I didn’t realize it then since I was in a rush to leave, but I managed to finish off the month with 100 miles even! Not too bad for it only being 28 days and considering I am starting to taper for my half!
I even ran my furthest distance….15 miles on the treadmill! Surprisingly, not as bad as I thought but hopefully when I break that distance record it will be outside next time. Okay, enough about me….let’s see what you’ve been up to!
Link up below if you have a workout, recipe or fitness find to share! Just be sure to grab the badge or link back and we will be sure to spread the inspiration around! 😀