The Yummiest Dairy Free Red Velvet Smoothie You’ll Ever Make
Red velvet cake is traditionally a reddish colored chocolate cake layered with cream cheese icing or frosting. It’s usually served around the holidays, especially for Valentine’s Day.
To be honest, Valentine’s Day really isn’t my favorite “holiday”. In fact, I don’t really consider it a holiday rather an excuse to ask for expensive things and eat sugar-filled desserts.
Neither glamorous presents nor sugary treats are my thing but I do enjoy taking something that is considered unhealthy and putting a healthy spin on it – like red velvet cake.
I usually do this in the form of smoothies – it’s relatively simple, quick to do and usually turns out tasting just like dessert but without all the extra junk!
In the past I’ve made a variety of different dessert-like smoothies including a Carrot Cake Smoothie, Blueberry Cobbler Breakfast Smoothie, Chocolate Peppermint Smoothie, S’mores Smoothie, Ginger Snap Smoothie and a Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie just to name a few.
Today, I whipped up my version of a red velvet to share!
As I mentioned, it is SUPER simple to make not to mention a great way to fuel your training routine. The flavors come from beet endurance powder and cacao powder plus it’s packed with plant protein!
Red Velvet Protein Smoothie
- 1.5 cups unsweetened vanilla dairy free milk
- 1 cup frozen organic strawberries
- 1 scoop beet powder (I used BeetElite)
- 30 grams vanilla protein powder (I used PlantFusion)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Dairy free whipped cream, optional
- Cacao nibs, optional
- Put everything except dairy free whipped cream and cacao nibs in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with dairy free whipped cream and cacao nibs, if desired.
Have a meatless recipe to share? Be sure to linkup for #MeatlessMonday!