Zesty Blueberry & Corn Salsa Stuffed Endive Leaves
Happy Meatless Monday! Today I’m sharing a recipe with you that’s a bit different…a zesty fruit salsa nestled in natures perfect low carb chip.
Now, before you get all grossed out thinking “blueberries and corn don’t go together”, hear me out.
This all came about because I can’t have the traditional salsa anymore. I happen to react to tomatoes due to being histamine intolerant. I’ve never really been a tomato fan but usually made the small exception for salsa.
Upon learning that I really couldn’t have them, I totally cut tomatoes out which really hasn’t been that hard (since I didn’t like them anyway) except for when we would make dishes that literally SCREAMED for salsa. The compromise? A delightful mix of corn, cilantro and lime juice that really seemed like the perfect sub.
Then it occurred to me that blueberries would taste pretty darn good in there too…then somehow I got the idea to use endive leaves as “chips” and the rest is history.
I swear it sounds like a strange combo but it was incredibly well received by the fam.
The sweetness of the corn and blueberries compliment each other, the jalapeños give it some zest, the cucumbers cool it down and the lime makes it taste just like summa time 😉
ZESTY BLUEBERRY & CORN SALSA
STUFFED ENDIVE LEAVES
- 1 carton fresh blueberries
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- fresh squeezed lime juice from 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 endives, leaves peeled and rinsed
- Place all ingredients together in a large bowl and combine except for the endive leaves.
- Place endive leaves on a plate in a circular fashion then spoon mixture on top and into the cup of each leaf.
- Use leaves as chips to scoop salsa up.
Have a recipe to share? Be sure to linkup with myself and Running On Happy!